Jan: REACH Artists Show Continuation
Feb: Brandon Howard
Mar: Brain Injury Awareness
April: REACH Artists Show
May: REACH Artist Exhibit Opens at Alaska State Museum
June: David Riccio & Louis Kuntz-Tadda
July: REACH Staff Show
Aug: Alan Munro
Sept: Abbey Focht
Oct: Elise Tomlinson
Nov: Marianne Manning
Dec: REACH Artists Show
Interested in Exhibiting? The Canvas exhibits original art work by both emerging and established contemporary artists, working in any media. The gallery is currently scheduled through the end of 2013, however we are accepting applications for 2014 and 2015. Submissions for a show should include the following:
• Cover letter which introduces yourself and your art, as well as a brief proposal of what you would like to exhibit: theme, concept, direction of work, and anything else you deem relevant.
• C.V. including exhibition history
• CD/DVD with no more than (10) **high quality digital images that reflect the type of work that you wish to exhibit. This work must be current and not previously exhibited in Juneau, Alaska. Please be sure to label the disk with the artist’s name
**Images should be in JPEG format. Name each file name with your last name_first initial_image number. (e.g.smith_j_01.jpg)
• Image list detailing the work on the CD/DVD including image number, title, medium, size of work, and date of creation.
• Website a professional website can be given in lieu of a CD/DVD and Image list, as long as the artwork is current, and accurately reflects the exhibit proposed in the cover letter.
. Original pieces of art work will not be accepted.
You are welcome to drop off your application in person, or send it by mail:
The Canvas @ REACH
Attn: Artistic Coordinator
213 Seward St
Juneau, AK 99801
Please do not send any submissions that weigh over 13 oz.
• Self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate pre-paid postage for return of materials
Please note that the gallery will not return materials without a return envelope. You are also welcome to include reviews, announcements, and other written materials, which discuss your work. We ask that you please do not telephone the gallery regarding your portfolio. After we have had the opportunity to review your submission, we will either return your materials or contact you to arrange an appointment. Due to time constraints, please understand that it is not possible for the gallery to critique work on an individual basis. Thank you for your interest in showing at The Canvas.